Nourishing Minds Tutoring believes in offering 100% customized and individual plans for all its pupils.
A detailed assessment will be conducted with your child at their first session. This assessment is different to the ones conducted in school. Most standardized assessments in school compare your child’s score against a national benchmark, hence giving your child a score in comparison with others around the state/country. At Nourishing Minds Tutoring our assessments give a detailed analysis of exactly which areas are your child’s strengths/weaknesses.
From this assessment your tutor will formulate a plan to support your child’s individual needs, which will be shared with the parent/care giver, and tutoring sessions will commence.
Simply put, all children can benefit from the services of a tutor. A tutor can help accelerate a child’s learning to enrich the curriculum provided at school, or can help fill in the gaps in your child’s learning foundation to facilitate confidence and more success. However, if you notice some of the following behaviors it could be time to take action and seek the services of a tutor:
- My daughter Gabriella has been home tutoring with Nourishing Minds Tutoring now for two years. The staff and teachers with Nourishing Minds are exceptional! My daughter’s comprehension, confidence and even work ethic has been built strategically since the very beginning. The results thus far are still flourishing. We continue to keep Nourishing Minds Tutoring in Gabriella’s life moving forward, as a maintenance and partnership for the changing times in curriculum ahead.
We are so grateful for all that is offered to my daughter, and us as a family, alleviating many frustrations that come with academic achievement.
–Jenn, Schenectady NY
- Nourishing Minds has bridged the gap for our son from scoring below grade levels to getting on the path of meeting an exceeding! Nourishing Minds quickly identified our son's deficiencies as well as identified his strengths to determine the best course of action for his progression. His tutor, Chris, has been able to identify with Silvio's personality with the utmost of ease and has individualized his path to success on a par with Silvio's in school lessons. Chris comes to our house, spends an hour or more with our son, working tirelessly on strategies to help him succeed. Chris leaves each week after a comprehensive explanation of their work and goals moving forward. I could think of no better stepping stone to give your child a head above the rest!
–Nancy, Clifton Park
- Nourishing Minds has been tutoring our son for over a year and a half now. We have seen great improvement in our son’s writing and comprehension skills. His grades and confidence have also improved. Our son’s tutor gears his tutoring to incorporate our son’s interests which is a great help in keeping him focused. Nourishing Minds Tutoring is very easy to work with. They are flexible and always prepared. This is our first experience with a tutor and it has been a very positive one. We would highly recommend Nourishing Minds Tutoring.
–Janine, Milton NY
- Nourishing Minds Tutoring has been tutoring our son since 2015. It has been a great experience for him and for us.
My son is currently attending third grade. He has major attention challenges and finds it very hard to stay on task. Despite that, his tutor has been able to bond with him and motivate him to focus . He utilizes many creative and unique teaching techniques that have helped our son a great deal. He enjoys the sessions and his grades have improved significantly.
We highly recommend Nourishing Minds Tutoring.
–Dina, Clifton Park NY
- Chris of Nourishing Minds Tutoring has been working with my eight-year-old daughter in math for several months. In that time, we have seen an incredible improvement in her test scores and her confidence. Chris is patient and kind, yet knows when to be firm and encourage my daughter to overcome her hesitation when answering math problems.
The work that Chris did with our daughter over the summer also prepared her for what would be taught at the beginning of the 3rd grade. She started the year feeling confident and unafraid of new concepts, such as multiplication, and has been bringing home A’s on her math tests for the first time. I highly recommend Nourishing Minds Tutoring!
–Kim, Gansevoort NY